[Mediawiki-l] Different URL path for different namespace?

Platonides Platonides at gmail.com
Thu Jul 28 23:04:19 UTC 2011

Dorem - Jérémie Bouillon wrote:
> I.e. I have domain.tld/wiki/ for the regular wiki access (main NameSpace
> and everything else).
>
> And I have a specific custom NameSpace that I would like to access
> through domain.tld/doc/.
>
> Right now, everything I try rewrite domain.tld/doc/ ->  domain.tld/wiki/
>
> And I don't know where it's coming from (either my Apache rules not good
> enough, or not in the right order; or MW itself).
>
> Anyone got an idea?

It's the wiki doing it for you. Don't link to /wiki/ since it redirects
to /wiki/Main_Page

For your .htaccess
RewriteEngine on
RewriteRule ^doc/$ /w/index.php?title=Docs:Documentation_index [L]
RewriteRule ^doc/(.*)$ /w/index.php?title=Docs:$1 [L]

You can see a similar "partial wiki" at http://www.wikilm.es/ (they are
all subpages of Wiki_Loves_Monuments at the normal wiki). There was no
attempt to hide part of the page name in the links, although there are
some hacks for supporting the multiple languages.