[Mediawiki-l] Mediawiki Update 1.15 - 1.17 fail populateLogSearch.php 8hrs? SOLUTION
mmm at synthesizers.de
Sat Jul 16 14:51:06 UTC 2011
Ok, since no1 answered and maybe helps others browsing the archives - those who still got problems updating from 1.15 or 1.16 to 1.17
I got it done, the Web Updater doesn't work and gets stuck while running populateLogSearch.php.
(always and repeatedly)
so you NEED to update via SSH (the shell).
the server timeout set to maximum didn't help to make the web-installer/update fo beyond the LogSearch Population process, the only thing that worked was to do that manually via SSH. so the Webupdater needs updates for sure or maybe it doesn't work on my server. but most likely it may not work on others properly.
for those who need some info: a 50-100MB sized wiki won't take more than just minutes, so it's about seconds, not hours, so if your installation needs more than some minutes per 100MB your installation will fail / no continue at all.
all the best. unsubbing after posting..
(since I got no help here anyway)
but hope to help someone who got the same issures..
More information about the MediaWiki-l