[Mediawiki-l] Support the new MediaWiki question and answer website

Jeremy Rudd jrudd.developer at gmail.com
Wed Jan 26 20:10:25 UTC 2011

Hi,

MediaWiki has a great support system and a simplistic forum. But
newcomers and old hands alike would have lots of similar questions about
the system, installation issues, or other questions that could be
answered quickly if there was a better system for it.

We all know the concept of forums, but StackExchange (remember
StackOverflow? or MathOverflow?) have started a new system where
questions can be asked, found, answered and sorted very effectively, and
its even better than Yahoo Answers.

The results are fast and accurate. Great users get reputation, and hence
more rights. The system has really been a success and with a little bit
of YOUR help, we could have a StackExchange dedicated to MediaWiki and
your wiki questions!

   1. Visit the Wikipedia and Wikis
      <http://area51.stackexchange.com/proposals/13716> proposal
   3. Click the "Follow" button