[Mediawiki-l] Syntax for Importing XML

mrthetooth mrthetooth at burningsea.com
Fri Jan 21 01:52:47 UTC 2011

I'm trying to use Special:Import to create several pages at once.  The catch is that these are brand-new pages that were not exported from another wiki.  The XML syntax seems pretty straight forward, but I had a few questions.

Here is a snippet of the Exported XML from an existing page:
<page>
    <title>Category:2.0 Feedback Survey</title>
    <id>2407</id>
    <revision>
      <id>11369</id>
      <timestamp>2010-12-02T02:18:23Z</timestamp>
      <contributor>
        <username>Niklasn</username>
        <id>84</id>
      </contributor>
      <comment>Created page</comment>
      <text xml:space="preserve">blah blah blah</text>
    </revision>
</page>

My question is when importing a brand-new page what should I put for the page id and what should I put for the revision id?  Or if I leave these fields out, will MediaWiki create default values?

If it helps, the version of MediaWiki I'm importing into is 1.11.2.