[Mediawiki-l] automatic template use

Sullivan, James (NIH/CIT) [C] sullivan at mail.nih.gov
Tue Jan 18 16:46:58 UTC 2011

Extension:Inputbox (http://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Extension:InputBox) has the ability to preload a newly created page with content from a template or another page.  Check out the "preload=" feature.

Also, check out http://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Manual:Creating_pages_with_preloaded_text which is a general discussion of how pages can be created with preloaded text.  But I like the Inputbox since it is simple and I can create a page with other text, such as an explanation of what to do after the pages is created, that I steer users who want to create a page to and have the input box there for the user to create the page with the preloaded text.

-Jim