[Mediawiki-l] upgrade pending....advice needed

Eldon Neustaeter eldonn at gmail.com
Thu Jan 6 01:08:29 UTC 2011

Hello folks,

I am currently running a rather old version of Mediawiki 1.6.10 and have not
upgraded because, well..... no one ever really complained.  However,
recently, there has been some noise about the limitations of SEARCH and the
EASE of EDIT-ABILITY (not having to memorize all those darned wiki editing
codes)

I have scoured the internet looking for a features listing of 1.6 compared
to 1.16.... I cannot find a roadmap document or release note that don't go
into nauseating detail.

Essentially, what are by BIG WINS by upgrading from 1.6 to *1.16* ?    Will
SEARCH be improved?  Will EDIT-ABILITY be improved... anything else that
will convince me that the effort will be worthwhile ?

Any commentary you can offer would be appreciated.

--
--Eldon