[Mediawiki-l] PHP error Autoloader.php line 654

Cathie Sherwood cathie.sherwood at gmail.com
Mon Jan 3 07:10:36 UTC 2011

Hi

I installed Mediawiki a couple of days ago ­ no errors came up and I¹ve been
able to log in and start creating pages etc. Whenever I modify an article
and save the changes, a blank page appears with Done in the bottom left
corner. When I go back to the Main Page of the wiki the changes I¹ve made
are there.  I¹m using the following in my installation of MediaWiki:

Mediawiki version 1.16
Apache version 2.2.8
PHP version 5.2.5
MySQL version 4.1.22-standard

Using a Macintosh with the latest OS and modifying articles using both
Safari and Firefox. I am logged in as sysop.

This is the error message I get:

Warning:
AutoLoader::require(/home/mackay/public_html/w/includes/HTMLCacheUpdate.php)
[function.AutoLoader-require
<http://www.mackayfamilyhistory.org.au/w/function.AutoLoader-require> ]:
failed to open stream: No such file or directory in
/home/mackay/public_html/w/includes/AutoLoader.php on line 654

Fatal error:  AutoLoader::require() [function.require
<http://www.mackayfamilyhistory.org.au/w/function.require> ]: Failed opening
required '/home/mackay/public_html/w/includes/HTMLCacheUpdate.php'
(include_path='/home/mackay/public_html/w:/home/mackay/public_html/w/include
s:/home/mackay/public_html/w/languages:.:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php')
in /home/mackay/public_html/w/includes/AutoLoader.php on line 654

I¹ve read virtually everything I can on this issue and have tried as many of
the solutions as I can.  I¹ve upped the memory limit to 50mb. I¹ve checked
for missing files and the only file that is not in the /includes directory
is HTMLCacheUpdate.php. When I try to upload that file to the server, it
can¹t be done and the file transfer just hangs.

If I could be pointed to a solution that works, I would appreciate it.

Thanks in advance.