No subject

Thu Feb 10 03:51:04 UTC 2011

every time, in under 1 second. This is no human, and it's no retries.
I can think of any way that could happen unless the service itself has
been broken, legitimately or through some flaw.

On Thu, Mar 10, 2011 at 3:37 PM, Benjamin Lees <emufarmers at gmail.com> wrote=
:
> On Thu, Mar 10, 2011 at 11:10 AM, Dan Kohn <dan at dankohn.com> wrote:
>> So, it looks like someone has programmed a
>> MediaWiki/ConfirmEdit-focused spambot that can defeat SimpleCatcha
>> (simple math problems) and -- shockingly -- ReCaptcha. =A0But not that
>> they're using human beings to do the spamming. =A0So, QuestyCaptcha, for
>> now, still works well.
>
> It's not really that shocking: reCAPTCHA isn't different from any
> other CAPTCHA, and even if a bot can only get it right 1% of the time,
> it can generally try new images until it gets one right.
>
> I actually don't think there's any guarantee that it's not humans
> solving the CAPTCHAs: spammers could well be farming it out to humans
> and have just not yet added the infrastructure to support
> question-based CAPTCHAs (which are a rather small segment of the
> market and are more site-specific).
>

> On Thu, Mar 10, 2011 at 11:49 AM, 2007 at gmaskfx.com <2007 at gmaskfx.com> wro=
te:
>> Just wait.. the technology behind IBM's Watson will end up in the hands =
of spammers and then there'll be no stopping the spam ;-)