[Mediawiki-l] Changing the Edit Page disclaimer...

Jeremy Baron jeremy at tuxmachine.com
Wed Feb 23 17:19:34 UTC 2011

On Wed, Feb 23, 2011 at 4:45 PM, Matt McGhie <matt at instructure.com> wrote:
> Apologies if this is a simple change, but I can't I need to switch this text out on the 'Edit Page.'  --
>
> ***Please note that all contributions to MyWiki may be edited, altered, or removed by other contributors. If you do not want your writing to be edited mercilessly, then do not submit it here.
> You are also promising us that you wrote this yourself, or copied it from a public domain or similar free resource (see MyWiki:Copyright for details). Do not submit copyrighted work without permission!***
>
> Where/how do I do this?
>
> Thanks,
> Matt

Most (or all) of the text in the interface can be changed by editing
the wiki's MediaWiki namespace.

Defaults and current versions can be viewed at [[special:allmessages]].

It looks like the specific message you're looking for is
[[MediaWiki:copyrightwarning]]. See also
http://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Copyright .

(I found it by setting the show per page limit to 5000 @
[[special:allmessages]] and using my browser's find function to search
the page)

-Jeremy