[Mediawiki-l] SSL Authentication with AD

David Holder david.holder at gmail.com
Tue Feb 22 09:53:36 UTC 2011

Hi Everyone,

I made a similar post (AD Template Request) but now my config is fine
I need to ask a different question, hence the new post.

I've managed to get our mediawiki setup authenticating to my Active
Directory backend with no encrpytion fine. Now I want to authenticate
with using LDAPS, but unable to do so.

I've read through the documentation and mailing lists but still cannot
find an adequate solution.

The things that have been tried:

- Created C:\openldap\sysconf\ldap.conf and entered "TLS_REQCERT
never" - No change
- Tried using OpenSSL to get certificate, error message on connect -
348:error:140790E5:SSL routines:SSL23_WRITE:ssl handshake
failure:.\ssl\s23_lib.c:177:

Anyone got any ideas?

Thanks,

David