[Mediawiki-l] Least-worst present WYSIWYG solution?

David Gerard dgerard at gmail.com
Thu Feb 10 16:05:13 UTC 2011

I have a requirement for an intranet wiki for sales, marketing and
other people who have no technical abilities whatsoever.

I'd like to use MediaWiki. This requires WYSIWYG.

There is no good WYSIWYG for MediaWiki - but what are the least-worst
solutions others have managed with this requirement, using extensions
I can download? (e.g. your personal hacked-up CKeditor is a good
answer if you have your patch set publicly available.)

(MW 1.16, by the way, is ridiculously easy to install, notably more so
than previous versions. From being asked "could we have a wiki for
this?" to installed with happy users with ImageMagick, rsvg and
Extension:InputBox was under an hour. I'm really looking forward to
1.17.)

- d.