[Mediawiki-l] Kapuneipu - help wanted

Boris Steipe boris.steipe at utoronto.ca
Tue Feb 8 13:52:06 UTC 2011

It seems to me you are proposing a hierarchical vetting system. This is not a new idea, but many failed attempts show that it is really, really hard in practice to identify experts and it does not get easier by making the process work from majority rules. In fact, the very Dunning-Kruger Effect is against you; group members are more likely to promote those who share their opinions or social codes, not necessarily the most competent. I believe the problem-to-solve is the "algorithm", not the implementation.

Good luck!
B.