[Mediawiki-l] Tab / New Window for External Links on Mediawiki namespace pages

trueskew trueskew at gmail.com
Mon Feb 7 17:40:10 UTC 2011

I've tried using several Common.js solutions for having specific external
links and sidebar external links open in a new tab, including these:

-  <http://old.nabble.com/>
http://old.nabble.com/"Category:-Noindexed-pages"-puzzle-to30698862.html#a30
863268
-
<http://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/JQuery_snippets#External_links_in_Sidebar_in_
new_window>
http://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/JQuery_snippets#External_links_in_Sidebar_in_n
ew_window

I use this on my normal pages (the "pops" solution):

-
<http://jimbojw.com/wiki/index.php?title=Popup_links_in_MediaWiki_to_new_win
dow>
http://jimbojw.com/wiki/index.php?title=Popup_links_in_MediaWiki_to_new_wind
ow

and it works fine.

However, none of the solutions above work on my sidebar.  I'm using
CustomNavBlocks, so my sidebar consists of Mediawiki namespace pages.
Perhaps my problem is that Common.js contents don't apply to the Mediawiki
namespace.

Have any of you CustomNavBlock users solved this problem?

If Common.js isn't applied to Mediawiki namespace pages, is there another
way, or another .js page, that can be used to add jscript to pages like
Mediawiki:ThisPage?

Thanks
- skew