[Mediawiki-l] A call for skins

Daniel Friesen lists at nadir-seen-fire.com
Mon Feb 7 10:05:08 UTC 2011

I've been making some improvements to the skin system for awhile now, so...

If you have a MediaWiki skin you've built, feel free to bring out it's
source code. Currently most of the few custom skins that exist are
floating around the Internet, and they are various degrees of out of
date. Bring up the source code, and I'll look into committing the skin
into svn and cleaning it up stripping away the boilerplate.

I would LOVE skin designs right now. If you've got a nice idea for a
skin feel free to mock it up and post the mockup images for it. If it
looks interesting I'll consider turning it into a real skin, ESPECIALLY
if it break our de-facto traditions on what makes up a wiki skin. Our
rigid skin structure is one of the big limitations of our skinning
system right now, skins that define things beyond the current
restrictions are good examples needed while we break open the rigid
structure of our skins.