[Mediawiki-l] PostgreSQL search function

Jens Sauer jsauer65 at googlemail.com
Mon Feb 7 02:28:59 UTC 2011

Hey,

I've installed a fresh MediaWiki using Mediawiki 1.16.2 and PostgreSQL 8.4.7.

Now i stuck in some trouble with the search function.

Example:
extract from the Main Page: "Therapieempfehlungen" (german)
If I search "Therapieempfehlungen" I got as result the Main Page. But
if I search "Therapie" MediaWiki cannot found this phrase on the Main
Page.
More examples: Therapiepfade, Chemotherapie. None of these words can
be found if I search 'Therapie'.

Is this a problem of the fulltext Search Engine of PostgreSQL or is
there a mistake in the configuration?

Thanks