[Mediawiki-l] One software for multiple websites

Brion Vibber brion at pobox.com
Tue Feb 1 19:44:52 UTC 2011

On Mon, Jan 31, 2011 at 10:29 PM, Ekompute .info <ekompute at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi Brion, thanks for your reply... at least, it still puts hope of me
> trying
> to use a single set of software... still struggling, though.

Yeah, it's not as straightforward or consistent as it should be to set up a
multi-site farm; I think we could do better for 1.18 if some folks have time
to work on it, but it's something that doesn't usually get a lot of
attention outside Wikimedia (where the system's already set up, although
it's kinda awkward to work with).

For now it remains a mostly manual affair to set up, and since there's so
many slightly different ways to do it you kinda gotta feel it out yourself
in your setup for now. :(

-- brion