[Mediawiki-l] API upload image error messges

Adam Meyer meyer7 at mindspring.com
Sun Dec 18 14:58:09 UTC 2011

MW 1.17

Im uploading files/images via the api, and it works perfectly.

When everything goes well, I get back an associative-array, with 'result' equaling 'Success'
	[result] => Success
	[imageinfo] => Array

When there is a warning I get:
	[result] => Warning
	[warnings] => warning list array

But when there is an error, it just spits out a paragraph tag, with the error in it.  like:

I thought the was strange, shouldn't it come back like so?
	[result] => Error
	[errors] => error list array

So how do I check for errors without doing is_array() ?

Thanks,
-Adam