[Mediawiki-l] Template design question

John W. Foster jfoster81747 at gmail.com
Thu Dec 8 16:44:04 UTC 2011

I want to build a  Template:MathJax  page that will automatically add
the following script call to any page/article  that has this template
included.

<script type="text/javascript"
src="https://d3eoax9i5htok0.cloudfront.net/mathjax/latest/MathJax.js?config=TeX-AMS-MML_HTMLorMML">
</script>

This script call needs to be placed as a header in an HTML based page
according to the sources as its purpose is to render Latex/Tex or MathML
inputs into something viewable to the browser. I want to get this same
result in Mediawiki 1.17. I am aware that I can install
Extension:MathJax but that will require constant maintaining & updating
as this is a somewhat active system. It just seems to me that a template
is a better way to do this. I am open to suggestions or ideas. I figure
this is a tag thing but do not have enough experience to do this
quickly.
Thanks!
frosty