[Mediawiki-l] Wiki migration

Stephen Berg (Contractor) stephen.berg.ctr at nrlssc.navy.mil
Mon Dec 5 17:30:01 UTC 2011

I've been tasked to migrate a MediaWiki install (V 1.5.6) to a new
server.  I suppose I could just install the older version but I'd rather
migrate if it's possible.  Is the jump from 1.5.6 to the current 1.18.0
too big a jump?  I was planning on dumping the database from the old
server and importing to the new if that is possible.  I don't have a lot
of experience here but if that will then I should be able to copy in all
the images from old to new and be pretty much done.  This wiki doesn't
have any add-ons, just a basic wiki for some of my users to collect and
share information.

--
Stephen Berg
Systems Administrator