[Mediawiki-l] Context weirdness

Lee Worden worden.lee at gmail.com
Mon Dec 5 09:06:06 UTC 2011

> From: "John W. Foster" <jfoster81747 at verizon.net>
>> >
>> >  Did you change $wgCapitalLinks to false?
> I did indeed, as per the instructions at the WorkingWiki site. I have
> been advised by the author that it is actually not necessary, but for
> now the damage is already done, so I will just leave it&  clean up the
> issues.
> I would appreciate any advice as to which way is best...context
> sensitive or not. It wont matter once I get finished using templates
> built by others that I've borrowed from other sites. I intend to never
> allow content that depends on shortcuts or acronyms and I like the
> titles of everything to begin with caps. Just a personal thing LOL.
> Thanks for the reply.

If you prefer titles beginning with caps, you probably prefer
$wgCapitalLinks = true.  In that case, your WorkingWiki project titles
will also begin with capitals, because they're implemented as page
titles.  Otherwise, as far as I can recall, it makes no difference to
WW.  I apologize for not being more clear in my installation
instructions.  I've improved them now.

Did you take a backup before running cleanupCaps.php?  If you did
take one, you may be able to undo the damage by restoring from backup
and changing $wgCapitalLinks back to true.

Lee Worden