[Mediawiki-l] Upgrade to 1.18

Gordon Joly gordon.joly at pobox.com
Fri Dec 2 09:25:50 UTC 2011

Gordon Joly <gordon.joly <at> pobox.com> writes:

> I have Mediawiki installation went from 1.17 through 1.18 RC1 and to
> 1.18 - no problems.
>
> But another Mediawiki has had some problems going direct from 1.17 to
> 1.18 - I took out Recaptcha and now see this:
>
> *Fatal error*: Cannot redeclare wfprofilein() (previously declared in
> /xxxxxxxx/public_html/includes/profiler/Profiler.php:14) in
> */xxxxx/public_html/includes/ProfilerStub.php* on line *25*
>
> Not sure why...
>
> Gordo

This a feature of the standard upgrade process, as recommended by the
maintainers. That is to unpack a tar image over the working directory.

But since some code has moved, older versions of the code remain and are
executed. It appears that this is the "profiler" code, which has moved into
/includes/profiler/ from /includes/

Deleting the old versions, and the file StartProfiler.php at the top level fixes
this.

Other files in /includes/ in 1.17 (which have to be deleted) are

Profiler.php        ProfilerSimpleText.php   ProfilerSimpleUDP.php
ProtectionForm.php  UserRightsProxy.php
ProfilerSimple.php  ProfilerSimpleTrace.php  ProfilerStub.php
ProxyTools.php

Gordo