[Mediawiki-l] Custom Namespace hidden from search

Sal Quintanilla salquint at gmail.com
Fri Dec 2 01:17:45 UTC 2011

I'd like to create a custom namespace that isn't searchable.  Defaulting
search to be disabled for the namespace is easy with
$wgNamespacesToBeSearchedDefault, but is there a way to keep it from showing
up under the Search options of "my preferences"?  This is for an intranet
site, so I don't have any problem completely hiding the Search options tab
for setting namespaces to search.  But I do need the preferences available
to users for other reasons.  It would be nice to be able to accomplish this
without editing any mediawiki files.

I'm using MW 1.16.

Thanks for reading.

Sal