[Mediawiki-l] New sort in 1.17

Zach H. luckenbach at gmail.com
Fri Aug 26 16:35:36 UTC 2011

Hello all,

I have created a internal MediaWiki instances holding Knowledge Base
articles, I am using 4 namespaces (HOWTO, INFO, RTS, TSHOOT) for holding the
different types of Knowledge Base articles. Previous to 1.17 Categories
where sorted alphabetically but did include the namespace in the sort, this
was/is fine as it puts all like type articles together. Now post 1.17 the
namespace is ignored on the sort and my categories are a mess, is it
possible to either A) go back to the old method of sorting, or B) Remove the
namespaces from the titles as listed in the category ? (i think this is
unlikely but never hurts to ask)

TIA

Zach H.