[Mediawiki-l] Re : Problem with mysql on mediawiki

juliana tchoua tchouajuliana at yahoo.fr
Thu Aug 11 07:58:51 UTC 2011

The problem has resolved.
Apache server couldn't load the module mysql.so then the solution was to run
this command: export LD_LIBRARY_PATH = / opt/mysql/na/5.1.53/lib64.
Thanks for your help.

________________________________
De : Platonides <Platonides at gmail.com>
À : mediawiki-l at lists.wikimedia.org
Envoyé le : Mar 9 août 2011, 20h 52min 13s
Objet : Re: [Mediawiki-l] Problem with mysql on mediawiki

juliana tchoua wrote:
> Hi everybody
> i have a problem with mysql.
> I install mysql 5, php 5.3.3 and apache on redhat.
> Now when i want to install mediawiki, it offers me only one database sqlite,
no
> mysql also.
> when i do this command on linux rpm -qa | grep mysql the result is:
> php53-mysql-5.3.3-1.el5_6.1.x86_64
>
> and when i do rpm -qa |grep sqlite the result is:
> sqlite-3.3.6-5.x86_64
> python-sqlite-1.1.7-1.2.1.x86_64
>
> The result of phpinfo() is:
> PDO
> PDO support
> enabled
> PDO drivers  sqlite
>
> pdo_sqlite
> PDO Driver for SQLite 3.x
> enabled
> SQLite Library  3.3.6
>
> nothing pdo for mysql.

MediaWiki doesn't use pdo mysql, but the classic mysql extension.
It appears with its own section in phpinfo().

Another way to test woulb be by doing:
php -m | grep mysql
(although cli php sometimes have different settings than the web ones)

> Additional .ini files parsed  /etc/php.d/curl.ini, /etc/php.d/fileinfo.ini,
> /etc/php.d/json.ini, /etc/php.d/mysql.ini,
> /etc/php.d/mysqli.ini, /etc/php.d/pdo.ini, /etc/php.d/pdo_mysql.ini,
> /etc/php.d/pdo_sqlite.ini, /etc/php.d/phar.ini, /etc/php.d/zip.ini

which should have been enabled by /etc/php.d/mysql.ini

Somehow your php53-mysql package doesn't seem to be working.
Did you restart apache after installing it?