[Mediawiki-l] Problem with mysql on mediawiki

juliana tchoua tchouajuliana at yahoo.fr
Tue Aug 9 09:31:49 UTC 2011

Hi everybody
i have a problem with mysql.
I install mysql 5, php 5.3.3 and apache on redhat.
Now when i want to install mediawiki, it offers me only one database sqlite, no
mysql also.
when i do this command on linux rpm -qa | grep mysql the result is:
php53-mysql-5.3.3-1.el5_6.1.x86_64

and when i do rpm -qa |grep sqlite the result is:
sqlite-3.3.6-5.x86_64
python-sqlite-1.1.7-1.2.1.x86_64

The result of phpinfo() is:
PDO
PDO support
enabled
PDO drivers  sqlite

pdo_sqlite
PDO Driver for SQLite 3.x
enabled
SQLite Library  3.3.6

nothing pdo for mysql.
Additional .ini files parsed  /etc/php.d/curl.ini, /etc/php.d/fileinfo.ini,
/etc/php.d/json.ini, /etc/php.d/mysql.ini,

/etc/php.d/mysqli.ini, /etc/php.d/pdo.ini, /etc/php.d/pdo_mysql.ini,
/etc/php.d/pdo_sqlite.ini, /etc/php.d/phar.ini, /etc/php.d/zip.ini

I need in the install of mediawiki that it offers me mysql also because i want
to install it with mysql.
I dont speak very well english i'm french, so excuse my bad english.
Thank you in advance for your answers.