[Mediawiki-l] Senior wants "send to a friend" button

WJhonson at aol.com WJhonson at aol.com
Fri Apr 29 05:40:17 UTC 2011

In a message dated 4/28/2011 10:34:40 PM Pacific Daylight Time,
jidanni at jidanni.org writes:

> Interesting how Facebook has lots of things that connect to Wikipedia,
> but Wikipedia doesn't have the reverse... but then Wikipedia is supposed
> to be neutral. Anyway, at least a 'share this page via email' button on
> Wikipedia might be warranted.

Similar to how we have the "find a book" thingie setup so when you click on
an ISBN you get a page of choices, we could have a thingie where you click
on it and get a page of social network choices.  That would still let us be
neutral.  I don't necessarily like the sidebar for the Wikipedia site, as I
can see it growing out of control.