[Mediawiki-l] Solving the GROUP BY problem

OQ overlordq at gmail.com
Wed Apr 27 15:18:47 UTC 2011

On Wed, Apr 27, 2011 at 9:15 AM, Greg Sabino Mullane <greg at endpoint.com> wrote:
> 4) Something else. Return a new object that's a subset of the
> User table? Perhaps with the fields that are commonly used
> for displays of other users, but without the you-as-the-user
> specific fields such as the password, last touched, etc.?
> Seems silly to be slinging around all those attributes when
> we don't need to be.

I tried poking at this a bit and got as far as trying to figure out
what UserArrayFromResult actually needed to create the objects.  I had
pictured going the cheap route and making it a two step operation,
getting the list of contributors and then pulling in the relevant user
data based on the obtained list.