[Mediawiki-l] Restriction access to User namespace

Krinkle krinklemail at gmail.com
Tue Apr 26 16:13:30 UTC 2011

Андрій Гончар wrote:

> Thanks a lot, Platonides!
>
> How I can restrict access to pages of particular category?

I'd say do the following:

* [[Template:MySpecialArticls]] (whatever)
In there, put:
<includeonly>
[[Category:My special category]]
</includeonly>

* Protect that template and enable cascading protection

* In your special articles, instead of putitng
[[Category:My special category]] in there directly, put
{{MySpecialArticle}} in the special articles.

* The article is now categorized and protected. and you control
these centrally in the template (ie. change protection level, and/or
categorization)

--
Krinkle