[Mediawiki-l] Please tell me the location of the DB portion of the post page text content.

Brion Vibber brion at pobox.com
Sun Apr 17 17:48:57 UTC 2011

On Fri, Apr 15, 2011 at 10:54 PM, eco <ecoeco21 at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hello, mediawiki in 1.16.2, and I want to replace certain characters
> at once Page, DB
>  Could you tell me that you have stored anywhere in the table? Thank you.

For a general overview start at
http://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Manual:Database_layout

You'll want to follow from the 'page' table to 'revision' to 'text', where
the raw text of (potentially multiple) revisions is stored. In most cases
this is a simple text blob, but be aware that some sites may be using
compression or external storage which complicates matters.

-- brion