[Mediawiki-l] Unsearchable custom namespace

trueskew trueskew at gmail.com
Sat Apr 16 02:05:48 UTC 2011

I'd like to store some pages that can't be found easily on my site.  It
seems like a reasonable way to do that is to create a custom namespace for
them.  The only problem is, I don't want the pages to come up in a search.
Is it possible to prevent a user from being able to add my custom namespace
to their default search list?

And if not, if anyone can suggest ways for me to do this, I'd appreciate
hearing your ideas.  I'm already anticipating the answer to the question
above is no, maybe I just need to create a separate mediawiki database and
make it appear connected.

Thanks.
- skew