[Mediawiki-l] Page closure warning when previewing changes

Neil Bird neil at fnxweb.com
Thu Apr 14 08:11:01 UTC 2011

   Having now been bitten a few times by this (and. OK, it's really just
down to me being a numpty) I was wondering if there was an extension or
built-in option to pop-up a JavaScript warning if the user tries to close an
edit page that has a “changes preview” section (i.e., the current changes
haven't been saved yet).

   Not just an edit page, which could be for perusing mark-up, but one where
<show preview> has been clicked.

   Anyone seen anything like this?   A bit of googling hasn't highlighted
anything.

--
[neil at fnx ~]# rm -f .signature
[neil at fnx ~]# ls -l .signature