[Mediawiki-l] Different URL path for different namespace?

Dorem - Jérémie Bouillon jeremie at dorem.info
Wed Apr 6 23:35:48 UTC 2011

Kind of a newbie question... I'm not even sure of the appropriate
taxonomy for my request, maybe that's why Google didn't help.

Using last stable (1.16.2 I believe), I'm trying to achieve this:

Got a default setup, Mediawiki installed in /w, Apache conf edited with
an Alias. So now my wiki is accessible at http://domain.tld/wiki/

I would like to link a specific namespace (let's say "bar") to its own
URL, outside of /foo/.

Ok, to rephrase, hopefully better:

I would like:
domain.tld/wiki/Bar:SomePage
to be in fact:
domain.tld/Bar/SomePage

And if Apache could rewrite on the client side /wiki/Bar:SomePage into
/Bar/SomePage that would be even better, albeit not a deal breaker.

Without breaking anything in MW of course. And if the Recent or Search
tool return the Bar:SomePage that's not an issue, I don't want to
rewrite the MW core :)

Anyone got an idea?