[Mediawiki-l] Install on Windows Problem

Platonides Platonides at gmail.com
Fri Apr 1 22:32:16 UTC 2011

Nat Colley wrote:
> Platonides,Sorry, I am just now seeing your response. I don't think it is a write access problem anymore.
> Since this is a wampserver stack I am using, I cross posted this at the wampserver forum:
> When setting up mediawiki, got this message:
>
> "PHP is linked with old MySQL client libraries. If you are using a MySQL 4.1 server and have problems connecting to the database, see [dev.mysql.com] for help.
> Attempting to connect to database server as wikidb_user...failed due to authentication errors. Check passwords."

I doubt this is your problem, since you are using a server stack that
cointains both apps. It would be very silly to create a package
containing mysql and php, with php unable to connect to mysql.

> If you follow the link you learn all about old and new passwords in MySQL since 4.1. But when I look at what is in wampserver, they are all 5+ so i shouldn't be having this problem at all.
> Someone suggested searching for my.ini outside of the wamp folder, but that came up empty.
>So I don't think there is some stray old mysql out there causing me
problems.
>I created the wiki db and user myself in phpmyadmin,

If you can connect from phpmyadmin, you shouldn't have those problems in
mediawiki.

> and the installation script was able to connect,
Good. I assume that your php files are finally trated as such?

>but then I got this same old libraries error message again. And no, mw is definitely not installed.

Which message is it? What's the output of MediaWiki installer?