[Mediawiki-l] mobile wiki: connect 2 wikis with the same mediawiki version to the same database?

Uwe Brauer oub at mat.ucm.es
Wed Sep 22 10:58:06 UTC 2010

Hello

This is a slightly different question from the one I asked
some days ago. I want to have a mobile version of a wiki and
is seems that the chick skin of 1.16.0 is a good candidate.
So the idea was to have 2 installations:

http://localhost/wiki/   (on /var/www/wiki) with the modern skin
http://localhost/wiki-mobile/ (on /var/www/wiki-mobile) with
the chick skin

Now these wikis must connect to the same database. It is
very unlikely that somebody from a mobile device would like
to edit the wiki but if he does what happens? Suppose at the
same time the page he is editing is edited by someone else
using the non-mobile version, would it be considered as
simultaneous editing?

thanks

Uwe Brauer