[Mediawiki-l] Hiding Images

mrthetooth mrthetooth at burningsea.com
Tue Sep 21 22:58:31 UTC 2010

I sent this out about a week ago, but I'm still looking for a response.

Is there a way I can keep uploaded images hidden from certain usergroups?

I have created a namespace on my wiki that is viewable only to certain usergroups.  The goal of this namespace is to have a place to create articles, so that I can time their release at which time I move the pages to the main namespace.

So far this works well, except with images, which are of course in the special File namespace.  Perhaps if there was an extension that allowed me to set the permissions of images.