[Mediawiki-l] filepath parser function is escaping the colon in the url to :

ArmEagle armeagle at gmail.com
Mon Sep 20 12:58:28 UTC 2010

I have been breaking my head about this.

But when I use the {{filepath:someimage.png|nowiki}} in a page, it
will generate the full URL, but with the colon in the "http://" part
escaped to : . I am passing this URL to a Widget and really need
the exact string to be used in CSS. For now I am simply using a
replace-assign in the Widget to unescape the colon again.

But I noticed that on MediaWiki.org itself the colon doesn't seem to
be escaped. I wonder why it doesn't happen there, but does for me.

Example: http://armeagle.nl/mediawiki/index.php/ColonTest (will not
stay up forever, so the code is below too - though you'll have to
upload or use your own image of course).

Version info:
MediaWiki  	1.16.0
PHP 	5.2.6-1+lenny8 (apache2handler)
MySQL 	5.0.51a-24+lenny4-log

Any help is much appreciated,

ArmEagle

----------

<pre>
{{filepath:Pbmap_icons.png|nowiki}}
</pre>
Will generate the following:
<pre>
</pre>
I expect it not to escape the colon in the url. For some reason this
does not seem to happen on http://www.mediawiki.org/. I am trying to
figure out how I can prevent this from happening.

----