[Mediawiki-l] Clean URLs

Bruce Whealton bwhealton at futurewavedesigns.com
Mon Sep 20 07:15:23 UTC 2010

I thought most software apps that store and manage content make use of
mod_rewrite to create clean urls.  Drupal, , joomla, wordpress, etc.
have that setup.  It's the default in drupal and in wordpress it is
configurable.  I didn't realize it was a hack.  I use a shared host so
when it worked in other apps, I didn't have to do anything really.
Sorry, I'm a bit new to mediawiki.  I'm reading a couple books on it.
The jump in and do approach wasn't so effective I found.  I was asking
questions that just seemed to get ignored or hmm.  for anwsers... I
suppose that was the reaction to my many questions.
Thanks,
Bruce