[Mediawiki-l] Attention MediaWiki Hackers!

Chad innocentkiller at gmail.com
Thu Sep 16 16:36:09 UTC 2010

(sending to main tech lists, crossposted to Tech Blog[0], feel free to forward
anywhere else you'd like)

Greetings MediaWiki hackers!

I am pleased to announce the upcoming MediaWiki Hack-A-Ton in Washington, DC.

As you are all aware, every year in April our good friends at
Wikimedia Deutschland
host the annual "MediaWiki Developers Meetup" in Berlin. At that
event, the program
is focused on demonstrations, workshops and small group discussions. To
complement this, we're planning the DC meetup to be focused solely on hacking,
bugfixing and getting down and dirty with the code.

We're scheduling this for October 22nd-24th in Washington, DC. Some of
the details
haven't been ironed out yet, but will be announced over the coming
days as it is.
So clear your calendars, and keep your eyes on MediaWiki.org[1] and the mailing
lists for more information.

Some travel assistance may be available for those coming a long way. I've also
been told there will be swag of some sort for attendees :)

-Chad

[0] http://techblog.wikimedia.org/2010/09/hack-a-ton-dc/
[1] http://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Hack-A-Ton_DC