[Mediawiki-l] mediawiki+db, where is the information saved

Uwe Brauer oub at mat.ucm.es
Thu Sep 16 11:15:21 UTC 2010

Hello

I am now really puzzled, in order to understand where
mediawiki saves its information I resintalled a new
mediawiki and connected it to new mysql data base.
I just created on new page, called it seminar and wrote a
sentence then saved the new page.

When I looked in /var/lib/mysql/maqwiki

The only files with the relevant dates where
 searchindex.MYD
 searchindex.MYI

The other files of the database where not touched.

Then I have a simple question if all relevant information is
saved in these files could I not just simply
shutdown the server
replace these two pages (by one of a different data base)
restart the server

I did this but the nothing happened. That is I only see this
new page with its content, which makes me think that the
information is save in some other place but where??????

Uwe Brauer