[Mediawiki-l] Start New Page

David Gerard dgerard at gmail.com
Tue Sep 14 15:34:00 UTC 2010

On 14 September 2010 15:16, Charlie Markwick
<charlie-markwick at southcot.com> wrote:

> I'm looking for a quick and easy way of helping a user to create a new
> page. Either through a sidebar link or a page that could contain a box
> to write in the title.
> I found the NewPage extension but currently it's not available. Does
> anyone know of any other extensions that could achieve this?

On our MW 1.13 intranet, we use Extension:InputBox - it's
WMF-maintained (and used on Wikinews), so is quite stable.

This is the code at the top of the main page:

<center>
{|width="50%"
|align=center|'''Create a new page on this wiki'''
<inputbox>
type=create
default=Type the name of your new page here!
buttonlabel=Create my new page
bgcolor=#CCCCFF
</inputbox>
|}</center>

I did take care to create an article called "Type the name of your new
page here!", and it's been trashed a few times ...

- d.