[Mediawiki-l] Links to special pages not working after 1.16 update

Kenneth Porter shiva at sewingwitch.com
Sun Sep 12 01:55:58 UTC 2010

I updated our wiki from 1.6.8 to 1.16.0 and I'm finding that the main login
link at top right of the main page isn't working. I can get to the login
page by going to Special Pages in the side menu and selecting the login
link from there. The bad link looks like this:

<http://wiki.matureasskickers.net/Main_Page?title=Special:UserLogin&returnto=Main_Page>

I disabled mod_rewrite stuff in my Apache config file in case that was
causing a problem.

A similar problem happens if I attempt to create a new page. The "edit this
page" link produced expands to:

<http://wiki.matureasskickers.net/?title=User:ScratchMonkey/WoW_Toons&action=edit>

It's been awhile since I had to tinker with the config for this wiki. Is
there some place I should look to diagnose this? It seems like the format
of inter-page links has changed and something didn't get updated to be
aware of it.