[Mediawiki-l] Problem with a PageAlias after upgrade 1.15.1 > 1.16.0

Wikimini webmaster at wikimini.org
Sun Sep 5 22:16:36 UTC 2010

Hi,

On my french wiki the special page "Special:Upload" was called
"Spécial:Téléchargement" before (I think this was the standard name in
french, wasn't it??). But after upgrade to 1.16 the URL "
http://examplewiki.com/wiki/Spécial:Téléchargement<http://examplewiki.com/wiki/Sp%C3%A9cial:T%C3%A9l%C3%A9chargement>"
doesn't work anymore. It looks like this special page has been renamed to
"Spécial:Téléverser" (instead of "Spécial:Téléchargement").

The problem is that a lot of links are still pointing to the old URL.
Therefore I had to change the following alias in the file
languages\messages\messagesFr :

FROM :

'Upload'  => array( 'Téléverser', 'Televerser', 'Téléversement',
'Televersement' ),

TO :

'Upload'  => array( 'Téléverser', 'Televerser', 'Téléversement',
'Televersement', 'Téléchargement', 'Telechargement' ),

Well, it works now. But is that normal that I had to do that? Did I miss
something?

Thank you for your help

Laurent