[Mediawiki-l] Merging users with LDAP users?

Tech Geek techgeek12345 at gmail.com
Fri Sep 3 20:31:07 UTC 2010

We have been using mediawiki 1.12 in our organization for over a year now.
Users create their account and starting using wiki. Now we are planning to
switch to the LDAP/AD authentication method. Let's say once the users start
using LDAP method, what happens to their old (local mediawiki) accounts? I
am assuming that they just stay in the database.

My question:

How do we merge/map the stats of the correponding old user to their LDAP
login stats.

For example, John Winslow's old (local mediawiki) username was 'johnwin' but
his corresponding LDAP/AD username is 'johnw'.

I would like that stats of username 'johnwin' is merged/added with the new
username 'johnw'.

Thanks