[Mediawiki-l] Editor WYSIWYG

Giuseppe Briotti g.briotti at gmail.com
Tue Oct 26 09:56:03 UTC 2010

> Message: 8
> Date: Mon, 25 Oct 2010 17:28:41 -0700
> From: Tech Geek <techgeek12345 at gmail.com>
> Subject: Re: [Mediawiki-l] Editor WYSIWYG
> To: MediaWiki announcements and site admin list
>        <mediawiki-l at lists.wikimedia.org>
>

>> Didn't try the new CKEditor, indeed...
>>

> The whole CKEditor and FCKEditor really confuses me from time to time. I
> know one forked from another. But the question is which one is newer, has
> more features and can be integrated with MediaWiki?
>
> I have been using FCKeditor with my mediawiki installation for over a year
> now and there has been no new updates since then.

CKEditor is the FCKEditor evolution (I don't think it is really a fork).

I installed FCKEditor on several Mediawiki versions. Some little difference but
it works.

This weekend I'll need to test CKEditor on a fresh 1.16 Mediawiki. I
will post the results
(or a link to the result next week) for Guilherme too.

G.

--

Giuseppe Briotti
g.briotti at gmail.com