[Mediawiki-l] Illegal mix of collations?

David Benfell benfell at parts-unknown.org
Fri Oct 15 19:54:33 UTC 2010

Hi all,

I'm experimenting with the SemanticWikiMedia Maps extension.

I'm getting:
 "1271: Illegal mix of collations for operation ' IN ' (localhost)".

Google doesn't help.  The Maps extension seems to work properly.
The SemanticWikimedia installation worked, though I had to run the
set up from the maintenance script; getting bored with clicking
pages (I actually do have some changes to make), I ran the runjobs
maintenance script and saw a similar error to which I
responded--having found *this* on Google--by figuring out how to get
into my database (mysql) and doing:

alter table math CONVERT TO CHARACTER SET utf8 COLLATE
utf8_general_ci;

As I look at it, however, I'm not actually using math (at least that
I know about.  So I'm guessing I need to repeat the above for
another table.  Only, I have no idea which table.  Any ideas?

Thanks!
--
David Benfell <benfell at parts-unknown.org>
http://www.parts-unknown.org/