[Mediawiki-l] Mediawiki not rendering uploaded images

Raymond M raymondsgroupmail at gmail.com
Mon Oct 11 21:03:55 UTC 2010

I have a mostly working mediawiki
== MediaWiki 1.16.0 ==
2010-07-28

I have in my LocalSettings.php
$wgEnableUploads       = true;
$wgUploadSizeWarning = 1024*1024;
$wgMaxUploadSize = 512*1024*1024;
$wgFileExtensions = array( 'png', 'fig', 'gif', 'tif', 'tiff', 'm',
'c', 'h', 'cpp', 'jpg', 'jpeg', 'doc', 'xls', 'tex', 'pdf', 'dat',
'txt', 'ppt', '3gp', 'wmf' );
$wgHashedUploadDirectory = false;
$wgUseTeX           = true;
$wgUploadPath = "images";
$wgUploadDirectory = "images";
$wgMathPath = "{$wgUploadPath}/math";
$wgMathDirectory = "{$wgUploadDirectory}/math";
$wgTmpDirectory = "{$wgUploadDirectory}/tmp";

I can upload files, but I don't see them rendered when I refresh the
corresponding page (although the image file link text has changed
color).  The browser seems to momentarily be drawing the outline box
for the image.

Also my formulas using LaTeX are working partially, <math>x</math>
renders, but <math>\hat{x}</math> does not.  These may be related
symptoms of the same problem.