[Mediawiki-l] Mediawiki data base error

wen miao mwinvent at gmail.com
Wed Oct 6 08:56:22 UTC 2010

Hi there:
I got this error of my website recently: When I login and click "edit", the
error message pop up:
----
A database query syntax error has occurred. This may indicate a bug in the
software. The last attempted database query was:

(SQL query hidden)

from within function "IndexPager::reallyDoQuery (LogPager)". MySQL returned
error "1146: Table 'nicawebsite.nica_tag_summary' doesn't exist (127.0.0.1)"
----
Then I google this error message and find out the solotion:
http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/wiki/wikitech/170529
So I run "php update.php" in /maintenance, only get this :
----
MediaWiki 1.15.1 Updater

A connection to the database could not be established. Check the
values of $wgDBadminuser and $wgDBadminpassword.
----
I am quite sure the values are correct in Localsettings.php
How can i fix this?