[Mediawiki-l] Basic help

Gary Roush groush2 at earthlink.net
Tue Nov 30 14:42:36 UTC 2010

Interesting that "public" is actually the images directory.  The
images directory is there off the wiki directory with permissions set
to 755 and stores the logo in the upper left hand corner of the main
page and that link works fine.  I tried renaming the images directory
to allow a new images directory to be written by the program but
still got the same error message.  I am stumped.  Here are the
LocalSettings.php settings:

$wgEnableUploads = true;
$wgUploadPath = true; ///< defaults to "{$wgScriptPath}/images"
$wgUploadDirectory = true; ///< defaults to "{$IP}/images"

Would appreciate some help.

Thanks,
Gary