[Mediawiki-l] Basic help

WJhonson at aol.com WJhonson at aol.com
Mon Nov 29 18:33:29 UTC 2010

In a message dated 11/29/2010 7:28:45 AM Pacific Standard Time,
Platonides at gmail.com writes:

> That behavior only works if the wiki is configured with
> $wgAllowExternalImages = true; in LocalSettings.php

Is this not the default setting?  Or perhaps it was in an earlier release
and then changed?  I discovered that my own install has this ability, and I'm
certain that I did not change any settings, not, at that time, having any
idea how or even that a person could change settings.