[Mediawiki-l] Basic help

Benjamin Lees emufarmers at gmail.com
Mon Nov 29 04:30:19 UTC 2010

On Sun, Nov 28, 2010 at 10:58 PM, Gary Roush <groush2 at earthlink.net> wrote:
> I can not
> figure out how to get images to appear in an edited page.  According
> to the edit instructions, entering
> [[File:example.jpg|center|100px|caption]] should work, but I get just
> the word caption as a link to example.jpg.  I do not want a link, I
> want the actual image to display.  Is there a switch that needs to be
> set for this?  The image is in the images directory.
You uploaded the image through Special:Upload, right?  It sounds like
you don't have the right renderer installed/enabled.  See
http://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Manual:Image_Administration#Image_thumbnailing

> Second problem is that in the navigation box only the Main selection
> works.  Are there switches for the other items, especially for Help?
I don't understand the question.  Do you want to remove the other
items, or do you want to change them, or are you wondering why they
link to pages that don't exist?